There comes a time in every single one of our lives when you get home from a hectic day in the office and feel generally rubbish. It’s at that point I feel the best thing to do is to sit back and reflect on what makes us smile.
What we all really want is to be as happy as we can be.
But I think the first step is to figure out what exactly makes us tick, what makes us smile, what makes us genuinely and completely happy. You need to take a good hard look at yourself, your hobbies and your lifestyle and identify what these things are. Once you have then focus on bringing those things to the front of your mind, make them the biggest factor in your life at that one particular moment.
Seeing as I’m having one of those days I thought this was the perfect opportunity to focus and remind myself what makes me smile.
So here we go… 30 things that make me happy.
1. Sleeping in at the weekends.
2. Playing with make up.
3. Listening to my favourite music.
4. Hot weather with none of that hair hating humidity stuff.
5. Christmas time.
6. My dog Noah (when he isn’t barking at every one that walks past the house)
7. Live music.
8. New clothes.
12. Lazy days with video games.
13. Having parcels delivered.
14. The shine of a beautiful highlight.
15. Family weekends.
16. Online shopping. (I do far too much of this, I’m sure it’s a problem)
17. The smell after it rains.
18. The cold side of the pillow.
19. Going to bed before 11pm during the week.
20. Clean makeup brushes.
21. Film marathons.
22. Fresh bed sheets.
23. Random acts of kindness.
24. Baking cakes and other goodies.
25. Long baths.
26. Connecting with new people.
28. Getting the perfect selfie angle.
30. Reminding myself of reasons to be happy.
I’d love to get to know you better, let me know what makes you happy!